worst boat everrrrrrrrrrr


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 16th 2010
Published: February 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Missed our 7:30am ferry through planned lethargy. We took another car across the island aiming to get the 10am ferry. The 10am ferry came and took about 20 passengers before leaving, allegedly still with empty seats. This sufficiently pissed off most of the waiting crowd, with one futile group banding together in animosity (and uncooperativeness combined with rudeness). The next ferry was allegedly 12, then 1, and then 2. The angry group stayed on the wharf for 4 hours in the sun, getting more and more angry and refusing to cooperate even with the other travellers (we’d given up on the ferry company by now) whilst the rest of us queued and waited. 2pm came and a mad dash for the ferry saw us finally on our way back to Mersing at the back of a very noisy (and my seat smelt like sick from a less fortunate traveller, perhaps brewing for a few days in the sun). Initially aiming for the 12:30 bus to Melaka, the 5pm was looking more promising.
Come 4:30 the ferry stopped a fair way away from Mersing. Apparently, at 4:30 at this time of year the tide is too low to get into Mersing so the 150 odd boat people (yea, we were like refugees) had to be ferried to the wharf in smaller boats taking 20 odd at a time. It took ages, with bags coming last. Nearing 7pm, another night in Mersing had to be the go. We booked a pricey (all $25au each a night) hotel and it was utter bliss. Comfiest beds, 2 tvs, 2 bathrooms-absolute luxury after a excruciating day of travelling. The 2 hour ferry ride had taken 8, although the awesome hotel made it all worth it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb