Thursday 9th April


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
April 9th 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 9th April
Headed down to the bus station for our 1o,clock bus to Cameron Highlands. Booked one of the Lazy boy coaches so it was grand except got sat in the back row and there was a pretty noxious smell of fumes back there. Some mad little Indian guy was sitting on my right and was dying to look out the window so was literally craning over me to look out. The curtain on his side was closed by some dude trying to sleep. Bus took about 4 hours, scenery was spectacular on the way up into the hills. The Cameron Highlands are an agricultural area in the hills north of KL and a very famous area for growing tea leafs. The tea plantations are a pretty amazing sight when you first see them. Just lines and lines of perpendicular rows of little bushes rolling across the hills with dense forest on either side.

We were picked up at the bus for our first taste of Hostel life! Father Hostel is actually grand, we had a private room with a kind of partition in the corner where there is a toilet and shower, and it’s only a 6ft partition though so it’s same as having the jacks in the same room. Mary and Myself are getting to know each other very well here, eating safe foods, don’t want to risk a stomach upset coz there is no closing the door after a visit. Went down into the town for something to eat and had a fairly early night as we had booked a full day tour the next day to start at 8.45.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb