Kualar Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
April 10th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kualar Lumpur is the place to be after long trecks in Cameron Highlands and Tamen Negara to kick a chill and settle into our room for a few days!
We were all looking 4ward to getting out of the bug ridden beds and saying goodbye to the pesky leaches!
We set of Early Morning on a public bus that would only take around 4 hours for only 3-4 pounds! The bus was actually a fairly nice one (for a change). So with abit of shut eye and not to mention getting stuck into caz's book he let me borrow. Pretty good so far! So without any signs or the overpowering body odoured bus driver having to tell us that we'v arrived at Kualar Lumpur we already new. We got our 1st Glimpse of the Petronas Twin Towers Dominating the KL skyline.
The Sun was strong, The bags were heavy and taking all this i mind we got dropped of about 10 blocks away from where we wanted to go. So 4 Blocks and a sky train later, we finaly arrived in China town (Budget Town!) We searched around for the best deal for about 20 mins in the scortching heat with our bags, so we all decided that me and rick would go in search for a hostel while caz stays with the bags in a fridge like reception room!
We came back later on hot and sweaty to find caz chilling out reading magazines and told him we found one hell of a hostel! THE DRAGON HOSTEL! This Hostel was no normal hostel, it was a converted cinima! So you could imagine the high walls, big rooms and big social areas! And for only 3 pounds a night it suited us just fine!

After settleing in and getting a quick bite to eat at some street stalls to re-energise, it was of to explore this vast city. The city is the sort that after one trip around, you'l be able to navigate yourself easly for the rest of your stay. Everything is fairly compact and close together so with China Town being a 5 min walk from the centre we were smack in the middle!

That evening, We went out and sat down to a luscious indian curry for just over 3 pounds untill our bellies were fall to the brim (eager to get our moneys worth). All three of us were eager to find out what the Kualar Lumpur Night Life had to offer, so we ventured into the bar/ club streets to sum up! Passing by every single club we came to the conclusion that KL was a pricey lil city! These bars were full to the brim with wealthy residnets ofthe city young and old. Seeing as were the traveling folk (low of the low) we were in search of something.... a little cheaper!
Never aless, at the end of the street were the infamous Petronas Twin Towers lit up in all there Glory! The amount of ligh coming of these Mountains of steel was emense; which lead to some descussions on light pollution lol was heated!

Strolling around further, we stumbled onto a Hard Rock Cafe in the how you say, wealther end of KL. We thought to our selves, were only in KL once and thought it was about time we splashed out on our selves. So we booked a table for 3 the following night (friday) and made our way back to the hostel wanting to relax on the couches and watch some films.

The next morning was what we all like to call our *Do your Thing Day*. I was in Desperate need of catching up on my blogs as i was about 2 months behind everyone else. Ricks was to also catch up on some blogs and also see the culture side of the city. And Caz's was to purely get his camera sorted out. It sadly leaked abit of water in and well.. messed it up!

The *Do your thing day* had come to an end as i was up todate on all my blogs wich was a big surprise to the other guys, caz had his camera sorted out after standing his ground and not leaving till they fixed it and rick came back a changed man after spending his day walking the streets taking in the sights and smells . We later on all met back up at Le hostle (Shower, S..t, Shaved) and headed across town to the Hard Rock Cafe as we decided to splash out and have a hearty meal. Taxis are very enoying means of transportaion in KL as they all refuse to use there meter and charge you outragious prices (being a white man and all). So this resulted in us power walking across town wich defeated the point of having a shower *sweaty*.
We arrived just in time for our reservation and just in time as it started to rain! We all Ordered th Ultimate 10oz Beef Burger which was a beast but didnt quite hit the spot so naturaly we asked for the dessert menu and odered the oversized sticky hot fudge sunday! and im sad to say it defeated me! after being fed and watered our lil American friend from cameron highlands (Diana) came and met us and we all had a movie night back at her hostle. was a good end to the night!

The morning after we arranged to meet Dianna so we could all go and visite the Infamous Petronas Towers. We had to get there fairly early (8am) to ensure we could get tickets. This was very early to us seeing as its sleep in o-clock every morning! After standing in line for about 30 mins for the tickets we learnt we weren't aloud up untill 12.30 which wasn't to bad. This meant we could have a coffee + donut and read some papers in San francisco coffe house. Very civilised!
Time was ticking by so we made our way back to the towers intime for our tower tour. We took the lift up to the 34th floor. The towers themselves rise to 88 floors however they do not let tourists to the top which is a slight shame as the view could be better. Needless to say, the view is great. You walk along the skybridge (again, the worlds tallest) and can see all angles of the city. The bridge is famed in the blockbuster film Entrapment where Catherine Zita Jones somehow scales the bridge on a zip wire.

Also in Kuala Lumpur is the Kuala Lumpur tower (4th tallest building in the world.) We chose a great morning to go up as the views were spectacular and we could see right to the horizon where the basin that KL lies in rises. Seeing as were only in KL once, we dicided to do KL's biggest Zip Wire of the KL tower. Have to say, it was more fun than it sounds but we'l say it was EMENSE to the lees's seeing as they missed out on it so keep it Shhhh!

Times Square Plaza. This place is the deffinition of a building with everything in it. Its Asias largest shopping mall which also has a theme park inside (again, Asia's largest park) and also a 10pin bowling alley. We speant about 2 hours at the theme park wich was very quite seeing as it was a Saturday but not to worry, just measn theres no lines. Aferwards it was time for some bowling. Now i dont mean to toot my own horn or anything but BEEP BEEP! The scotish proudly thrashed the english winning with 175 points to 110 points 104 points.

The next day was the to be the day where we would be reunited with the Lees Bro's after 2 weeks apart from them. So the previous night, we arranged with the bristol bois to take part in abit of mugging to say welcome to KL! We met up with them about 30mins bfore they both arrive, dressed all chavd up (dan with a chav cap and luke with a knuckle duster!) we staged it so caz would meet Nick and Jonny outside the hostle and Luke, Dan and Bulby would come up to them all and ask for money and passports and whilst all this was going to happen me and Rick would be in the bushed filmling it. Caz stuck to the plan and said no to giving anything to them, So Luke pounced on him doing some pretend wrestling with the confused and worried Lees's looking on. with Caz and Luke fighting Dan and Bulby got closer to Nick and Jonny. Dan took Jonny's hat and Bbulby blocked nick of from caz. Nick getting frantic shouted leave it out leave him aloan. This scrap went on for about 3 mins and once they finaly walked on we all birst in to histerics and jumped out laughing and clapping.
This was the ultimate prank and wanna say thanx again to the bristol bois!
Seeing as it was our last night in KL Nick, Jonny, Jody, Lizzie and myself thought we'd splash out and have a night out in downtown KL (the expensive end), whilst Rick Caz and the Bristol bois went to reggae bar to watch some football. The night consisted of over priced drinks, raving out and meeting a bunch of people. all in all it was a an AOK night!










Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb