Kuala Lumpur & Singapore


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
March 24th 2008
Published: March 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is just a short one covering our time in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore before we head to New Zealand. We ended up staying in China Town in KL which was fine, a bit of a shock hitting the backtracking trail again after being spoilt on our Borneo tour, our bathroom was infested with little ants making a trail across the room every morning, nice. Better than the cockroaches in Bangkok I guess. We had fun exploring KL and eating very good very reasonable food in China town. John bought a huge watch from some dodgy Del-Boy which he is very proud of. We were in KL for valentine´s day which was entertaining, huge bouquets of mini teddy bears were making their way all over the place, there should be some photos of them mixed in with this blog. The central market in KL was great, very good potential for Christmas shopping if you can get there! It resulted in yet another parcel being posted off to Mum for safekeeping, very excited about getting home and looking at all the things we collected on our travels.

We caught a bus from KL to Singapore which was pretty smooth, we headed to Clarke Quay (the place to see and be seen in the evenings) and met up with Jenny a friend from home for drinks and supper which was fantastic (she treated us to steaks, which, after months of rice, noodles, and more rice, was like heaven). We had some interesting cocktails at ´the clinic´a place that needs to be seen to be believed, hospital beds and wheelchairs replace normal tables and chairs and you can have vodka in a drip or shots in syringes, slightly freaky.

The day of our flight to Auckland we headed to the highly recommended Singapore Zoo, which was definitely worth the visit. We got to see some of our old friends we had glimpsed in the wild, including a female Orang-Utan and her baby and a very excited male Probiscus Monkey. Say no more, just check out the photos....


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Jenny & Gemma in SingaporeJenny & Gemma in Singapore
Jenny & Gemma in Singapore

Steak for supper, yum!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb