Day 2 - Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had one day to spend Kuala Lumpur. Having been here before we weren't inclined to spend it looking at the same things we had seen last time. For breakfast we wandered around Petaling Street and China Town to find something on offer. We need not have worried there was a myriad of choices and of course we settled on Asian. Congee with chicken, chilli noodles and coffee. The congee and noodles were absolutely delicious. Chinatown is a fascinating place and exploring it took a good part of the morning. Little shops sell anything you can imagine and not all directed at the tourit dollar. I know of one young lady who would have delighted in the shop that sold hair ties and headbands in every colour and style imaginable. We had a wander throught the cenral markets but were relatively unimpressed we these. With the time differnce catching up, a little nap and escape from the heat was in order. After rejuvenating we found a little stall that sold noodle soup. This ended up being so filling we forgot about dinner. It is interesting to watch the local people go about they daily lives. The stalls that had been set up first thing in the morning had now disappeared and a whole new group of sellers were plying their wares. This was to change again as the stalls for the night market were set up n the early evening. The skies again opened up late afternoon but not with the same ferocity. The people setting up the stalls seemed to take it in their stride and were laughng and joking as they prepared for the nightly influx of tourists in search of the impossible bargain. It was an early night for us as we had to be ready to leave for the airport at 4.00am the next morning. We were originally going to use the taxi driver who drove us to the hotel but the hotel owner also offered the same service at a fraction of the price.

Advertisement



11th December 2012

Hair Clips
I think I know that little lady who would love that store

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb