We depart and arrive!


Advertisement
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a markedly seamless journey we arrived in Kuala Lumpur at around 6.00pm last night. We checked in to our cleanish, well located hotel in Chinatown and delivered ourselves to a favourite chinese eating spot in the night markets for 2 long necks of Tiger beer, fried rice, Gai lan, satays and noodles. On waking this morning we returned to our favourite Restoran Yousef for the best Roti Cannai (wafer thin grilled flat bread filled with different delicacies, and Teh Tahrik (strong hot foaming tea made with lashings of condensed milk). After this we attemped to take a walk to little India but as usual kuala lumpur was not willing to grant us the right to find our own way on foot. It is so convoluted and complicated in layout as to defy belief. So, with shirty, floppy children in tow we conceded defeat and took a taxi instead. After lunch of real tandoori chicken and naan bread and some more teh tahrik we decided to spend the rest of the day resting ourselves before planning our adventures on the Malaysian Penninsula. Highlights of the day for the girls included a serious up close cat fight, the wet markets (if the food wasn't so damn good this would be enough to turn anyone vegetarian) and most importantly a visit to a taoist temple where we lit incense to bless our journey (Eva and Scarlett were most impressed with this).

I don't think I have ever experienced the sense of openness that lies in front of us. It is at once frightening, intriguing and exhilarating, it's going to take some practice, some new thinking and lots of being present to the possibilities that are everywhere. All of the things that we have and use to know who we are, are gone (apart from one another). This was deliberate but it is a strange feeling.

Tomorrow, the Islamic art museum and the Butterfly park and to satisfy Evans passion (he has a lifelong dream of being an extra in a bollywood film) we will catch a Bollywood film on the big screen in Little India.

Advertisement



16th May 2011

I miss Eva!!!
I want you to come back because we miss you so so so so much but if your having a good time I understand. Eva how is the food because i know you love the food. Are the people nice and have you gone to the elephant park yet! are you in a nice hotell with lots of good food! Lots of love Zoe your best friend

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb