Singapore, Perhentian Besar, Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu
July 3rd 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Singapore ZooSingapore ZooSingapore Zoo

Monkey was within reach! What if we ate them?
First day traveling together! For our last day in Singapore we decided to hit up the zoo. We saw a bunch of monkeys hanging around the trail, and got to see a sea lion show! The elephants kinda sucked, but it was a great day, especially because the monkeys and deer-mice were literally on the trails with us. We saw lots of giant spider webs (more pics to come in a later update). Afterwards, we had an awkward moment at the hostel watching "Waiting" with some random people. A movie with surprise crotch-shots is probably not the best first movie to watch with strangers...

Malaysian Railways Station in Singapore is technically Malaysian property, and it shows. It's a lot shabbier than the cleanliness of Singapore that you take for granted. We had a very interesting ride on a sleeper car; the couple sleeping adjacent to us turned out to be heading to the same resort in the Perhentian Islands!

Terengganu is a very rural place with not much to do. We saw lots of cows on the side of the road, and the traffic lanes seem to be more a suggestion than a rule -- you pass cars by
Butterfly at the ZooButterfly at the ZooButterfly at the Zoo

Singapore Zoo's butterflies
driving onto the oncoming lane... After an awesome speedboat ride (the wind numbed our faces and stopped us from opening our eyes), we got to the islands! Not much to say, just enjoy the pictures below.

After two days of snorkling and sunbathing, we finally got to Kuala Lumpur. We got in somewhat late, and were determined to do get some sightseeing before we left for Chiang Mai! We went to the Petronas Towers, and enjoyed the food courts.

Tomorrow, we're off to Chiang Mai to hang out with the elephants and tigers. This entry is short because we have an early flight tomorrow; enjoy the pictures for now, and wait on a more detailed update in the future!

PS Kathy has a row of 5 small red bumps on her arm... does anyone know what this could be? bed bugs maybe?


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ElephantElephant
Elephant

The Mahout and his elephant
Singapore Zoo SignSingapore Zoo Sign
Singapore Zoo Sign

It was a really fun way to wrap up Singapore!
Sleeper CarSleeper Car
Sleeper Car

Kathy and I took the sleeper car from Singapore to Tanah Merah, ML
Perhentian IslandsPerhentian Islands
Perhentian Islands

Tuna Bay Resort had a really nice beach
Finding NemoFinding Nemo
Finding Nemo

Find him!
SnorkelingSnorkeling
Snorkeling

It's so much fun!
Petronas TowersPetronas Towers
Petronas Towers

This is all we did in Kuala Lumpur


7th July 2009

me gustan sus fotos :)
How'd you guys take pictures underwater? Looks so cool and I wish i was there!. Hahah I had to study that map for a sec to figure out exactly where you guys are. I'm geographically challenged --- but not chemically challenged: Mikey, i got an A in orgo!

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb