Short Stint in Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Besar
March 21st 2006
Published: April 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Short and sweet one here as I’ve got so far behnd again that it’s just too daunting to write in depth.

===================

We finally left Phi Phi on the Monday by boat, which would eventually take us (by bus across the country) to the Malaysia Pulau Perhentian islands. Without breaking tradition, I was very hungover from the “goodbye” celebrations the night before and as such, I fell asleep on all modes of transport we took to reach the islands. After a long-endured bus ride to the border, and a stay at a random hotel before we could cross in the morning, we finally walked into Malaysia and said goodbye to Thailand for this journey. Via taxi and an extremely bumpy, wet and painful boat ride, we finally reached the islands (Perhentian Kecil (small) and Perhentian Besar (big)) by early afternoon. We settled into a chalet on the edge of “Longbeach” on the small island. Longbeach is yet another beautiful picturesque paradise beach, lined with palm trees, white sand and mountainsides, bordering crisp clear ocean water.

As we now had the bug, we decided to book ourselves into a PADI Advanced Diver’s course at Sunlight Diving, situated beside our chalet. Our diving progressed over the next few days, performing a deep dive, where I’m quite sure Emily got slightly ‘narked’, a fish identification dive, a night dive, a wreck dive and a navigation dive. All the dives were amazing, particularly the night and wreck dives where we got to witness different life to what we would normally see on a normal coral reef dive in daylight.

After completing the course and being promoted to Advanced Divers, we left the island on the 24th so we could progress onwards to our next destination of Kuala Lumpur from where we were scheduled to catch a flight to Melbourne on the 26th.

Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a very nice city and much more hospitable compared to the humidity of Bangkok. We unfortunately only had a day to wander around, and we made the usual tourist stops to the Petronas Towers, the K.L. Tower and Chinatown market to try and get the last of the bargains before we left Asia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



19th April 2006

Out of the cold..
Hey mate, good to see u're doing fine.. Seems like spring finally found its way to germany: this is the first day since i'm back where the temperature matches the date. Of course i caught a cold within a week but otherwise everything is going like it's supposed to. Enjoy the tropical sun, i'll download the msn-messenger soon and send u my account details via e-mail - take it easy!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb