Batik, Cultuer and A & E


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Kuala Terengganu
September 24th 2006
Published: September 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello, hope your all well.

We are in Kuala Terengganu at the moment which is one of only three places in Malaysia with a Malay majority so it's all very cultural and well Malay. But most interesting news first...we had our first trip to A & E yesterday. Sam managed to walk into a bit of low metal roof and hit his head pretty badly. He was talking complete jibberish and shouting a lot so I inspected his head and found it was bleading. He was still talking jibberish so I got a taxi and we went to the local hopsital. By the time we got there he had calmed down rather. We had to pay RM50 (about 8 pounds) becuase were not malaysian. Sam saw a Dr then got a stitch in his head. When they cleaned the cut all the nurses started laughing beacuse it is acutally a very small cut but it looked bigger due to the blood. The worst part for sam was having to have a patch of hiar cut off but it's only a tiny patch and won't really show. He got tetnus injection too and he is absolutly fine. Just has to have the stich taken out in a week. I had a very upset stomach yesterday and just when sam got patched up i nearly passed out. They must have throught we were a right pair! Anyway alls good now.

Yesterday we went to see Batik, whic is very traditionaly Malaysian, being done. It's amazing how they do it, they just casually splodge wax and paint about a end up with amazing detialed and acurate designs. They were doing it on silk that was going to be made into night dresses.

Today we just wondered about Teregganu and looked at the waterfront. Trying to get lunch was a bit of a nightmare because Ramadam starts today and this town is almost all muslim. We did eventually fine a chinese place that could do us a small take away meal (take aways that come wraped in a banana leaf). We were going to go up a small hill to get a view of the river but found that the steps had been demolished at the bottom meaning we would have had to jump about 20 feet to get onto the steps....so we came to blog instead.

We staying in Ping Anchorage Hotel which is the cheapest place we have stayed so far (RM15 a night for a twin room = 2 pounds 50p). The cafe is great too. They do proper crickle cut chips with great mayo and I had musli and fresh fruit this morning. Well i say musli but it was more like thoes bits you get at the bottom on the cornflake packet that no one will eat. The local food is good but gets a bit boring if your vegetarian as there isn't that much variety.

We leave for Kuala Lumpur at 10am tomorrow which i am looking forward too as KL is a very cool city. We decided not to go to the Cameron highlands but instead to spend longer in KL so we can do some day trips.

I'll post agian in KL. Keep all the news from home coming.

Advertisement



26th September 2006

Glad all is well with you both, give or take a few adventures,and you're having fun. I would seriously love a real curry right now having read the journal, dead jealous!!! keep up the good work, jenny, andy and cousins

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb