Sibuan Oasis


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Sipadan
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sibuan - An amazing and idyllic little island 45 minutes from Semporna, mainland Borneo. Sibuan had a population of approximately 5 bamboo huts, no electricity and very friendly and interested locals. we took a boat ride and waded to the shore from the boat. we quickly strapped on our masks and snorkel and went out for a swim. the marine life was amazing with crystal clear waters and many parrot fish, lion fish butterfly fish and the clown fish (AKA Nemo) and puffer fish in the pictures. we also saw giant starfish but had unfortunately used up all the battery life in Suzie's new camera practicing earlier on (we were also a bit nervous taking a digital camera ( needs no case) underwater for the first time). We got to spend the whole day on the island,having lunch on the boat. There were only 6 of us tourists and the locals who had a strong fascination with us and looked on intently. We wished we had known about the local children as we could have taken presents, instead all we had to offer was a Sabah brochure i was using as a bookmark. This was greatly received, the children crowded round looking at the pictures. Each time they saw a scuba diver would point to us and nod. After looking through it carefully twice one little girl gestured if she could keep it. How could we refuse? She carefully placed it in her pocket to keep it safe (and hers).

Hope you like the pics of us snorkeling and look forward to more underwater pics to come


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb