Semporna


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Semporna
July 15th 2012
Published: July 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had planned to spend more time in the water and dive at the infamous Sipadan dive site but unfortunately it was fully booked. Instead we got the chance to do 3 days of diving around Semporna, including the islands of Mabul, Kapalai, Mataking and Mantabuan. All the dives were incredible with beautiful corals and so many fish, lots of different species to those we saw last week.

Again we saw too many to write down but our favourite was seeing a blue banded octopus and a huge cuttlefish (if you haven't seen this fish check out the pictures! It is the weirdest fish ever!) Rachel is made up we saw so many turtles we saw 9 on one dive! Many of them being enormous (at least 2m diameter).

Our evenings in Semporna were quiet mainly because we were shattered after 3 dives and an early start! The town is a small fishing town and most people are here to dive.

Its been a brilliant few days and a great end of the trip.

The next few days are travel days for us, so sadly this will be our last blog. We would like to thank you for following us across the world and massive thanks to those who made it possible, you know who you are!

We've missed you all and hope you'll call in for a drink to catch up and see the photos (only 3,600 of them).

😊 SEE YOU SOON 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb