Scuba Junkie!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Semporna
August 24th 2008
Published: August 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Turtles!Turtles!Turtles!

Seen about 4 of these in the water so far, by far the most impressive....not my photos as dont have camera, so for imaginations!
So i arrived in semporna expecting the diving paradise of the world! instead i was greeted with something that was like romford market on a dodgy afternoon! Semporna itself where i am staying is very basic, veeerry basic! im paying like 50 ringgit a night which is like 6 quid a night so its dead cheap i suppose, but bugger all to do!
But apparently for what it lacks on land, it makes up for once i go diving.....this was true as i went to an amazing island off the coast today and dived a stretch known as sibuan. I did a refresher course today as the last time i did my padi diving was about 4 yrs ago and thought it best! Proved myself right when i got all the equipment and didnt have a clue what went where or how to use it "so u breathe into this thing?" I went through the basic techniques, and hated the take the mask off put it back on again trick but suppose it is good practice! Now im travelling on my own so am beginning to meet a lot of randomers! ( I guess that would now make me one of
Crocodile FishCrocodile FishCrocodile Fish

Saw some of these, they were huge!
those randomers!) Im basically staying in this piehole of a town until ive finished my 3 days of diving then im going to high tail it out of here as there is bugger all here! Ive just booked some flights over to thailand, and am just arranging my 5* star luxury hotel as i type but the internet is about as fast as a malaysian bus! Went down to the local kareoke bar with a random canadian named jack (they are jolly nice ppl) last night which was like spot the white man, as we were both 6 ft plus, and as white as a snowman (although my tan is beginning to show!)
Scuba Junkie is the name of the dive operator im going through at the moment and theres plenty of ozzie, english influence in there so thats keeping me sane.....there seems to be a lot of lost souls who dont really know why they are here, but they have ended up in semporna! Mainly diving brings ppl here, and if u have done the dive master course, they employ you to take ppl out for dives. When i say employ, free food, drink and accomodation...which i suppose if diving is your passion its a pretty good deal!

Advertisement



18th September 2008

money first
I went diving with Scuba Junkies too and I didn't get very pleased with them. I dived 2 days with them and the 3rd day I spent it in Mabul island relaxing. I had an agreement with them to pick me up in the afternoon and drop me back in Semporna but they just left me behind. They said they waited for me like 40 min (30 min after some arguing) and god knows they didn't. Well, actually it's god, me and the mabul's longhouse owner. They came too early and left after a few minutes. Worst thing is that I had a flight the morning after, so I had to take a taxi boat back and pay for it, for they didn't want to pay it. The same days I heard other bad stories from people who had been with them and if you google them you'll find a lot more. To sum up, scuba junkie's motto is "money first, customers then".

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb