TAWAI WATERFALL, TAWAI FR TONGOD SABAH


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Sandakan
January 15th 2011
Published: January 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

TAWAI FR, TONGOD


On 1st January 2011, me and my friends (all 16 pax) spent trekking in Tawai FR to reach the beautiful waterfall as one of our youth outdoor activity. The trail is followed by logging trek, which abandoned a few years. Actually, no guide accompanied us but we still going on it, as we planned. Some of us ever been here before, still not confident the way.

Set-off from starting point at 9.18am, after passed through folk's oil palm, rubber and paddy farm and finally the old small bridge, little bit tilted. A few minutes from starting point we lost.....because there were 3 junction treks. We went to 2nd trek...actually the 1st one. We noticed that we reached the right way on noon at the slope hill. No regretted lost on the way because we found the amazing nepenthes refflesiana, gracilis and ampullaria dominant in this area. I love it!

We arrived to the single HUT built by Forest Department long time ago 1990's at 2.50pm. From the HUT, promptly moved to the top of Tawai waterfall then descend to ravine for reach the dropped of fall. We needed to move slow because steep with slope more 70 degree and slippy. There has rope provided by forestry but too much old. We reached it at 3.45pm. Awesome! spend time about 1 hour for take photograph, some take lunch again and enjoy at the bottom of waterfall.

Left the waterfall at 4.15pm and arrived to stating point at 6.43pm. Enjoy this trekking.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Nepenthes AmpulariaNepenthes Ampularia
Nepenthes Ampularia

up to the tree
Nepenthes AmpulariaNepenthes Ampularia
Nepenthes Ampularia

on the ground
Ann and JojoAnn and Jojo
Ann and Jojo

from top of fall
Ann, well and DulAnn, well and Dul
Ann, well and Dul

palan-palan bah


15th January 2011

Smart lah ging...teruskan...ada yg baru inform sya ah...
16th January 2011

welcome 2 my blog....hehehe sia pun bru belajar ni blog.
16th January 2011

for those who view my blog...please leave you comment. so that we can share experience and obsession in outdoor motherland activity. peace!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb