Turtle island


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Sandakan
January 15th 2007
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sun 14th Jan
After I last wrote I went back to get a well needed shower and then met Rachel adn Claire at 5 to go and visit a temple- the others had all gone to a Australian war memorial first. We couldn't get up to the temple as there had been a land slide because of the rain!! Are you suprised! So we went straight to The English Tea House which was where the governor use to live. It was very expensive and food didn't live up to English standards.
For Dee's birthday we all went out to Kareokee in the evening. It was one english song followed by one or 2 slow malay love songs. I stayed till 2.30 and at the end when all but 4 people had from our group had gone I murdered "leaving on a jet plane'.

Mon 15th Jan
After lots of worry that it would be to dangerous to go over to turtle island as someone had dround not long ago. The weather was fine and we got the one hour boat ride over. It was SUNNY so we spent most of the day on the beach. I snorkled a bit but it was really cloudy and you couldn't see anything.
The sun wasn't to last and it started raining just before dinner. After dinner we settled down to play cards while waiting to see if a turtle would come ashore to lay its eggs. (Which didn't happen as they are unlikely to if it is raining). David noticed that some of the hatchlings in the hatchery had hatched and we went to look at them and then at 11.30 they released them into the sea. One annoying man refused to turn his video camera off and because of the light they got confused and one ended up walking over my foot. They were ever so cute but like the Dolphins ont eh west coast of Aus it was a bit too staged.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Roti Chanoi for breakfastRoti Chanoi for breakfast
Roti Chanoi for breakfast

mmm- Thanks Suzie


Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb