Borneo: Sabah and Kota Kinabalu


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
April 14th 2008
Published: April 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Date of Travel: 9-12 April 2008
Duration of Travel: 4 days
Main cities visited: Kota Kinabalu

Was in Sabah actually for a Community Service Project but managed to get a day and a half off to see some sights around Sabah. First up was the city of Kinabalu. Visited the Central Market at the sea front which sold mainly touristy products. Spent a bit of time walking around one of their largest shopping mall (directly opposite Le Meridien). Headed next to see one of Sabah's newest landmarks - the Foundation Building which was rather pretty. In the evening waited by the sea coast to enjoy the beautiful sunset and watching fishermen row their way home.

The next day was spent visiting the Kinabalu National Park. The flora and fauna was surely a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We visited the Poring Hot Springs within the park where we climbed the elevated canopy walk which had excellent views of the rainforest from a hanging bridge made up of ladders.

That was about as much as time permitted for Sabah. Really wanted to see the renowned island of Sipadan where its crystal clear waters makes an especially tempting urge to swim and snorkel. Would probably plan another trip to Sabah, and maybe Sarawak as well in the future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb