Kota Kinabalu


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
February 10th 2009
Published: February 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Left KL and arrived in KK (KOta Kinabalu), the heat hit me as soon as we walked down the steps of the airoplane onto the runway.
The Borneo Global Backpackers hostel sent a bus too collect us. We checked into our twin room and the room was much better than the Green Hut Hostel in KL and only cost 25 pound for the 1 night we stayed there.
I was still feeling a little worse for wear considering the Flight and the Heat and also the time difference.
We dropped our bags in the room then went out to have a look around.
Dad thought it would be a good idea to catch a local bus and i mean this thing was beat up and stinky and crammed full of locals! We felt like aliens the way they were observing us up and down. I suppose we looked a bit out of place like a couple of "Milky bars" in a box of "Curly wurlies...Lol" Checked out the Philippino fish market and then headed back to Hostel for a rest, We ended up falling asleep until about 11pm.
We then went out to find some food and an Internet Cafe. We returned at 4am to find the Hostel locked up and knowone about.. thought we were sleeping on the pavement but then Rista the boss woke up and let us in.
Tried to get some sleep but those pesky Blood sucking bed bugs were at it again!! After much agrevation we decided enough was enough so we packed our things waited for first light and left for the bus. Dad still wanted to use the local bus cos it cost like 30p each! This time the bus pulled up even more packed and we had all our luggage, what a scene trying to squeeze on this thing with our bags... dad was left half hanging out the door as we rumbled down the street... He had to get off every time we stopped to let someone off, after about 5 mins the driver took Dads one and a half Ringit and told him he was on the wrong bus...haha He then dropped us off in the middle of knowhere...
Finaly we gave up waiting for the number 13 bus and took a Teksi. We eventually got to a large Teksi & bus depot.
Dad told me to wait with the bags while he went and negotiated with lots of drivers all waving their arms about, This one driver offered Dad a really good deal but his Teksi was really old and beat up. Dad was close too shaking his hand and having his bags thrown in the back of his car when he noticed that the driver was blind in one eye.. so we decided not to take the risk and settled for a good old crappy local bus to take us too the mountain for half the price...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb