We'd like some new legs please!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
October 21st 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 210 (21.10.07)

After a great night's sleep, we all woke pretty early to find that to our huge disapointment England had lost the rugby, oh and that every move we made was extremely painful! After our big climb the aches had truly arrived and any walking hurt - stairs were agony! After packing, we joined Anna and Kathryn for some breakfast at the cafe before catching a minibus back to Ranau where we were going to use the internet and catch the bus back to Kota Kinabalu.

There are a lot of other things to do at Poring including the canopy walkway which we were planning to do, however a tree had fallen in a recent storm which had destroyed half of the walkway (and we weren't sure if we cold manage the walking element of the activity today!) During the same storms there had also been a huge landslide whch had covered the road between Ranau and Kota Kinabalu - since the landslide we had not been able to get a clear report as to whether it had been cleared yet and we wanted to set off early to be sure we were in KK in time for our flight the next day.

Saying goodbye to Kathryn and Anna (we hope to meet up again in Oz) we went to the bus station to get a bus to Kota Kinabalu. Catching the minibus it was evident that the road had been cleared but there was still quite a traffic jam before we could get through. Possibly one of the most uncomfortable journeys yet we spent three hours crammed into the back of the bus with our legs (still aching) up around our ears due to the lack of room. We were overjoyed to be able to pile out of the bus and attempt to straighten our legs.

A quick hobble over to Akinabalu Hostel (a great place if you are staying in KK apart from the stairs!) we checked in and freshened up before going out to a fantastic Italian restaurant called Bella Italia where we got a huge and very tasty meal we felt we really deserved, for around 50RM (8 pounds).

Back to the hostel and we caught up with our emails before putting on another couple of episodes of LOST and then calling it a night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb