Bilit - Kinabatangan river


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kampung Bilit
November 3rd 2010
Published: November 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had arranged to have our breakfast at 8am and wow what a breakfast it was! American pancakes, brandy snap basket filled with banana and a huge dollop of cream and caramel sauce on the top (Just what the doctor ordered with what we had planned for today!) We were going on a jungle trek this moring, which was to last 2 hours around the top of the mountain, then to the bottom and back up those steps!!! We didn't see much wildlife, apparently this was due to the heavy downpour we had throughout the night. I personally think the trek is just so that the guides can watch us struggle back up those steps!! In the afternoon we went on another river cruise, we were joined by another couple who were on their honeymoon. Today we went up stream and saw a crocodile, wild pig, hornbills and plenty of macaques but unfortunately nothing much else. Overall review of Bilit and TLFL...good views from the lodge but not sure they are worth the climb each time! Excellent food. Pleasant rooms and lodge, quite remarkable to think that every single part of this lodge was carried up the mountain by hand! The owners had planned for the project to take 6 months to complete, unfortunately it took 18 months. I don't think they estimated the size of the mountain!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb