Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » Batu Ferringhi
November 11th 2007
Published: November 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Snake Temple in PenangSnake Temple in PenangSnake Temple in Penang

Jane with the python around her neck whilst Peter bravely stood outside.
Hello all,

We have reached Penang and are having a lovely restful time. We've continued to be very lucky with the weather with only maybe 1/2 hour of tropical rain. I got burnt to a crisp lying near the pool on the second day and am paying for it! We went on a bus tour of the Island and visited a snake temple - Peter kept a wide birth of the snakes - I was reassured by the knowledge that the snakes hade been defanged and took the plunge and had a python around my neck and 2 vipers on my head - Peter took the photo from outside!

The shopping has been GREAT!! They set up street markets all the way down the street that our hotel is on and Peter and I have taken in the markets each night and barted with the locals. We have eaten each night in a big open air 'cafe' and tasted the local fare for very cheap outlay.

Looking forward to coming home though - miss you Sophia, Dean and Andrew (and Jakey) and our bed!!!

See you all soon,

Jane and Peter XXXXX

PS Rocco -
PenangPenangPenang

Jane sitting outside of hotel in the gardens
the photo of the Pope in Rome is for your appreciation as we got within 2 metres of the Pope mobile - Peter wanted to rub this in!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

PenangPenang
Penang

Peter relaxing near the pool - fully dressed of course! he says that he doesn't want to show off the 'body beautiful'
The Pope in RomeThe Pope in Rome
The Pope in Rome

This one is for you Rocco from Peter. Soooo close!
PenangPenang
Penang

Us parasailing!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb