Brrrrrrrr it's cold up here!!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Tanah Rata
October 11th 2008
Published: October 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Helloooooooooooooo Amigo's

Nic - So we made a 6hr bus ride up to the Cameron Highlands - Malaysia's garden where they seem to grow absolutely everything, from watercress to sweetcorn, to strawberries and tea - tonnes of the stuff! It's a pretty constant climate here and so everything can be grown year round, which I found extremely exciting when I saw how many strawberry farms there were!! - Dad, you should try growing yours like this, it'd be much easier, and no weeds!!

We arrived off the freezing AC bus, expecting to be enveloped in warm stuffy air as usual, and were promptly refreshed to find that the air was no warmer than on the bus....bbbbrrrrrrrr...where did I put my jumper??!!

Dan - Yes she was very cold poor mite. HOWEVER as soon as we stumbled on our first strawberry farm the excitment soon warmed her up! I would love for Nic to have a dogs tail attached for the day to gauge how excited she was at certain things probably go somthing like this.........Fruit stall - 30wpm (wags per minute), Big thunderstorms - 50 wpm, Market - 100 wpm, Market with funny foods - 150 wpm, and
Arhhh Bless!!Arhhh Bless!!Arhhh Bless!!

Wrapped up on the AC coach!
Strawberry farm - Off the scale.!!

Our first day we decided to warm up for Taman Negara (See next blog) and go for a small jungle walk. Once we finished we saw a sign for Boh Tea estate so decided to go and have a peek - little did we know that 8km later we would almost crawl through the gate and colapse....didn't think it'd be that far - and all uphill!

Nic - It was the perfect way to beat the cold and was really nice to get to see all the local produce being grown......and at least we got a nice refreshing cuppa and a homemade scone and jam at the end!!....that only left the long trek home, urrrgghh, but at least it was nearly all downhill!! We had been told how friendly the Malaysians were and that it was perfectly acceptable to thumb for a lift and so half way home, out of curiosity (not desperation I assure you!) we decided to give it a go......voila, it worked a treat and we were cheauffered almost to our door!

Dan - We only stayed up here one full day and when searching for bus times we were greeted by a Yoda (from star wars) like man at the bus station who seemed to use 'The force'he even spoke like Yoda, "buy this ticket you must" "Taman Negara by bus you will go" and convinced us to buy his ticket to the 130 million year old rainforest of Taman Negara............so we did.

Nic - We were really hoping to make it over to the beautiful east coast islands of Pulau Perhentian and were gutted to find that they were to close in 2 days time due to monsoon....silly us, should've done our homework - oooopppss! Oh well, we'll put that diving money towards Sipadan in Borneo!

So back down to the heat and the ancient jungles!
xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Misty morning at the docksMisty morning at the docks
Misty morning at the docks

One for the shipping crew if your still tuned in!!


19th October 2008

Share your adventure on our radio show
Hi, please visit www.traveln-on.com for our contact information. Looks like you're having a lot of fun and you we may be interested in having you share your adventures in a segment on our weekly syndicated show. Our contact info is located on the "About Us" page.
20th October 2008

Low resolution photos
Hi people, So far, all the very good pics of you two have been large, so I could print them off, in your last two blog entries, they are all very small. Give us a break! Really glad you are happy and still having a great time. Miss you like hell. All my love, Dad

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 29; qc: 112; dbt: 0.0907s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb