Sleepy


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Tanah Rata
December 29th 2006
Published: December 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After the city-life of Singapore we felt we needed a well-deserved relaxation. And Cameron Highlands seemed to be such a place.

It is famous as the place where there are big plantations, mainly of vegetables, fruit, berries and tea. It is also at an altitude so it is noticable cooler than at sealevel.

We arrived in the main city (or village) of Tanah Rata. It is a small place with one bigger street. As in most countries when you go to a smaller place a bit away from the main cities and road network you notice everything a bit more relaxed and slower.

There isn't very much to do. You can go to the strawberry and tea plantations. Or as most people than come, you can go hiking.

The first day or two we didn't really do much. Just taking it easy. The main population is Indian since there was a lot of Indians working in the tea-plantations. So we ate a lot of indian food. It is an easy place to stay for a long time in, because it is extremly cheap.

And due to it's coolness, you sleep very well. We ended up sleeping 10-11 hours a night.

The other difference to the rest of Malaysia is the weather. In the mountains it rains pretty much every day. And that affected our inspiration to do things. We did go for one (the shortest) hike to a waterfall and a watch-tower. It was pretty cool but as Swedish I didn't find the pine-forest too exciting. I like the wildlife more than the plants when going around in the forests.

We stayed for 4 or 5 days, mainly resting up. Then it was time for the opposite of Penang.

Advertisement



1st January 2007

Oro
Usch, bomber i Bangkok, störtat flyg i Malaysia (Adam lågprisflyg) och oro i världen- gör mig orolig. Men ni verkar hålla er ifrån de tätaste turistställena. Mormor hälsar att ni ska hålla er borta från Bangkok ! Turista med förnuft- fast det gör ni väl redan?? Kramar mamma

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb