Taman Negara


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

In Behasa Melayu, the national language of Malaysia, Taman Negara means National Park and this rainforest is over 130 million years old. Picking your way over the exposed roots of the enormous ancient trees whilst craning your neck to try to glimpse the top makes you feel just a teeny bit insignificant. The main draw here is the chance to walk along the creaky canopy walk. This walkway consists of 10 rope bridges suspended from the roof of the rainforest, stretching a length of over 500 metres. Walking across these rope bridges was a hairy enough experience, suspended at a height of over 25 metres, the old mantra of 'don't look down' was running through our heads. After you got accustomed to the bounce and swaying motion it was fabulous just to slow down and take in the beauty of nature around us. We also tramped uphill to Bukit Teresik to a vantage point where we had a grand view of the rainforest. The next day we took the fast boat down the river as part of our journey to KL and it was great to see a herd of water buffalo cooling down in the muddy river and a troop of monkeys swinging along the riverbank.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb