Malaysia - Taman Negara National Park


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Taman Negara National Park
September 14th 2008
Published: October 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got on our bus to the Taman Negara rain forrest/ jungle/ national park and when we arrived we along with Loida booked in to our own hippie commume guest house that was great with feel good signs everywhere. After dinner along the river we got an early night in our room painted with bright birds and colours. The next day we relaxed all day then we went on a night sufari in a 4x4 pick up and saw a slow monkey, 4 leopard cats, some squirrels, a small sleeping bird and a snake. it was so cool. We then got up early the next day and got the boat across the river and walked through the jungle to the canopy walkway which is the longest one of its kind in the world 450 metres long and 50 metres high it was scary and amzing at the same time.once we got used to the movement it was fantastic, on the way to and from the canopy we saw a large family of monkeys, a wild boar/pig, squirrels and 2 large monitor lizards, we ate lunch when we got back at the resort and then got a boat up the river passing 2 otters, to the cascade falls we went for a swim in the river and got the boat back half way to the hide where we stayed for the night.
The hide was a large building on stilts with a toilet and 12 beds (though there were just 3 of us) the bunk beds were wooden with no mattresses or no comfort though we were not there to sleep so it didnt really matter. As it got dark we were a little scared knowing we had no way to get back as 1. we were in the jungle 4 km from the town, 2. we were on the opposite side of the river which needed to be forded in the morning and 3. just the 3 of us and a whole bunch of wild animals and creapy crawlies. It was so good we settled in front of our open plan viewing bench (with no glass) and watched it slowly get dark. First came the bats, then the fire flies, then when it was dark we saw 2 large animals which long tails i couldnt really see them but henry seemed to think they were tigers (and as when we got back the rangers told us 3 had been shot as they were to close to the resort on that side they probely were tigers) we also saw deers and alot of birds and squirrels in the early morning getting breakfast for themselves, We struggled getting back over the river when we started to hike back as the water was high and the current was strong but after the 3rd aattempt 2 boats going past without helping and henry trying to make a raft out of wood that sinks as its to wet we crossed at a waist deep area and climbed up through the jungle wall HENRY TARZAN SHIELA JANE after on the hike back we saw a very large monitor lizard and leaches gallor (they make you bleed when you pull them off). We were so smelly and tired when we got back that we went for dinner in the resort and caught the boat back to the village side and slept for a few hours in our jungle room, went to the internet and then just as we got back to the G/H again the thunder and lightening and heavy rain started it was amazing we stood in our doorway on the balcony watching it fork in the sky. Truelly Magical...............



Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



24th February 2011
Raw00390

Monkey?
I assume it's a monkey but it's hard to tell. Focus could be better.

Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb