Melaka, Second Day


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
March 1st 2012
Published: March 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our second day in Melaka was just as wonderful as the first. The staff at the Malacca Majestic are simply wonderful. It is a funky, wonderful little hotel and so far has been the highlight of our trip.

We went on walking tour today and saw amazing back alley sights with a local (Miss Cho) who explained the ins and outs of both old world Malaysia and lots of current political commentary. Apparently, there is lots of political corruption and public funds are often misspent. (not much different than home) The current political party has been in power for 55 years and apparently basically a monarchy of sorts.

We met a Kiwi guy on the tour and had lunch at a Nynoya Baba resturant called Jonkers 88. Check out Nyonya cuisine. Tasty stuff.

We had dinner at a Indian place called Sevian--so good. This place is authentic and some of the best we have ever had. Give it a try, you will not leave hungry. The walk back including some rodent (as big as Rico) dodging. Yikes!

We will be taking the bus to Kauali Lampur tomorrow. I guess it is about 2 hours away.

I will keep this post short and let the photos do the talking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Kampong MartinKampong Martin
Kampong Martin

Along the boardwalk
Along BoardwalkAlong Boardwalk
Along Boardwalk

Many families only paint the front of the house--these guys painted the back along side the water. The movie Entrapment was filmed here.
Chinese TempleChinese Temple
Chinese Temple

Beautiful Temple ornate example of 600 year old temple.
The Garden CenterThe Garden Center
The Garden Center

This guy sells garden supplies all day like this.
Miss ChoMiss Cho
Miss Cho

Walking tour guide. A wealth of information.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb