Fish Ate Her Feet


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
October 9th 2009
Published: December 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Fish Head Curry! Fish Head Curry! Fish Head Curry!

Oops - I used my left hand.
Like the Rough Guide says, Melaka grows on you. We've done a lot of walking around. The first night I left the family asleep and walked a few blocks in a light rain to a big outdoor food court, and had a great bowl of spicy seafood Laksa with a large Tiger beer. Yum. The next day we found an Indian restaurant that serves great roti (griddle flat bread) for breakfast, and fish head curry for dinner.

We found lots of other fun/interesting stuff here. The "fish spa" where Melody paid 50 good ringgets to have little fish nibble the dead skin from her feet. The "Museum of Enduring Beauty" which documents self-mutilation in cultures worldwide ("enduring" as in "enduring pain"). Interesting shops in Chinatown (we even encountered some kind of film crew set up on the street). A peaceful, quiet river cruise. The full-size Portuguese galleon / floating museum. A "needle" ride up to a great view (with A/C!).

So much walking around that last night the rest of them were too tired to walk back, so I sent them in a trishaw. It was a long walk back for me, worrying about them getting run over on the two-lane road with no shoulder back to the Guest House.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

TrishawTrishaw
Trishaw

Too tired to walk. They survived it.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb