KL & Melaka


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
August 7th 2008
Published: August 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Siem Reap to Melaka

via Kuala Lumpur

The Petronas TowersThe Petronas TowersThe Petronas Towers

475m high (ish)
Hey People, Us Again!!
After the beautiful Angkor Wat, our next destination was Malaysia, starting with its Striking, Modern capital, Kuala Lumpur.

Kuala Lumpur


After sleepy, relaxed Cambodia Kuala Lumpur (KL) proved to be a major gear change for us, modern buildings, public transport you could set your watch to and restaurants catering to anything you could wish for.
Although perhaps KL offers a less cultural eperience than some of the other places we have visited so far, it proved to be one of the easiest places in which to spend time. We greatly enjoyed our 4 days here (1 of which was spent queueing to get our Indonesian visas for later in our trip...fun!!)
We wondered around the different areas of the city such as China Town, Little India and the golden triangle, all of which are completely different to each other.
Sitting in the various parks in the city and watching the world go by was also a favourite pass time!
However it was, the traffic that had learned that using your horn at every possible moment wasn't essential and the modern, designer, air con malls that we really enjoyed!
A bit of modernity and normality was just
KL Skyline at nightKL Skyline at nightKL Skyline at night

From the KL Tower
what the doctor ordered and we did visit the cinema twice during our stay!!
One evening we decided to go up the KL tower to watch the sunset over the city.
The KL tower is around 450m high and has a fantastic view over the city to even taller petronas towers which are now the cities tallest buildings. After enjoying a breathtaking view we headed over to the petronas towers and the shopping mall which became our favourite place to spend time withmodern restaurants and shops, much better than the malls we're used to at home!
On our final day we travelled out to Lake Titiwangsa, on the outskirts of the city which gives a great view across the cities impressive skyline. Everywhere in and around the city seems incredibly easy to travel to with monorail, underground and trains all linked up allowing to hop off wherever you like, that was certainly a nice change from having to haggle with tuktuk drivers!!
KL was a great place to spend time and enjoy a bit of normality but onwards we must go, to our next destination, the world heritage town of Melaka a famous trading port in olden times just south
Merdaka SquareMerdaka SquareMerdaka Square

Anyone for cricket!!
of KL.

Melaka


Melaka was a beautiful town full of colourful, colonial architecture and comfortable cafes.
We only spent 2 days here but we could have easily stayed longer (although it rained for most of our stay!!)
We spent our time just wondering the streets and sampling the local food which is pretty damn good i can tell you!!)
We have an overnight bus all the way to Kota Bharu near the Thai border to look forward to now, from where we travel to some tropical islands to enjoy some sun, sand and....scuba!!!

Nearly up to date now!!!
Take Care,

Steve & Laura. xxx



























































































Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Hindu TempleHindu Temple
Hindu Temple

Kuala Lumpur
Hindu TempleHindu Temple
Hindu Temple

Kuala Lumpur
Kuala LumpurKuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur

Typically colourful street
Colonial BuidingColonial Buiding
Colonial Buiding

Kuala Lumpur
Merdaka SquareMerdaka Square
Merdaka Square

Kuala Lumpur
KL SkylineKL Skyline
KL Skyline

The View from Lake Titiwangsa (no giggling boys!!)
KL SkylineKL Skyline
KL Skyline

The view from the top of the KL Tower
The KL TowerThe KL Tower
The KL Tower

We were up there!!
MelakaMelaka
Melaka

At Night
Old Portuguese ShipOld Portuguese Ship
Old Portuguese Ship

Melaka Harbour


16th March 2010

hi
definitely cool.

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb