Arriving in Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
June 5th 2010
Published: June 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As it turned out Sam and her friends were on the same flight. The flight to Kuala Lumpur was smooth, much better than I expected for a budget airline but Air Asia really came out with flying colours. For the first time in my life when I walked up to the baggage conveyor my bag was only 10ft from me so I was in and out in Jig Time. Alex and mark had a flight to Phuket 7 hours later and rather than waiting in the airport they came with me to the centre, dropped their bags in my room and we went to see the towers. We picked a coach company and took the 1hr ride to the central bus station and haggled a taxi to Chinatown where all the hostels are located. id looked into a few beforehand to make things easier. the 3 of us made our way up the steep hostel staircase laden with bags where i paid for a double room on account of there being no singles. The guy was perplexed at the notion of the others with bags despite having explained the situation, they had a flight in 8hrs and were just leaving bags on my bed when we went out. he was convinced they were going to stowaway and score a free night. the complexity of the situation resolved i asked to put the bags in the room before checking in as they weighed a tonne, having done this Dozens of times across 5 Asian countries i didn’t expect any resistance. my mistake ,i nearly caused the guy an aneurism. after filling out a check in form asking for details of everything except my last bowel movement we left the bags, headed for the sky train and made our way towards the Petronas towers from the station, they were much further from the station than they appeared. It turned out to be about 4km walk, bearing in mind we only got to the hostel 11.15 we thought we were doing well to be getting close to the towers for midnight. Imagine our disappointment having walked all that way to see the lights go out as soon as the clock struck 00.00. I was gutted as were the others. we decided it was time to eat given that lunchtime in Laos was the last time we had any nourishment, following dinner mark and Alex We went back to the hostel where the guys collected their belongings and went to spend some time in a 24 hr internet cafe allowing me to get some much needed rest.


Tot: 0.921s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0117s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb