Eventually made it up the Petronas


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
June 24th 2010
Published: June 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Alarm shook us out of our cosy slumber at about 7am. We had decided that we were going to get round to going up the Petronas Towers (they have a bridge viewing deck) before we leave and you need to get there early as it's free and they only have a certain number of tickets per day. Over breakfast Rob had been talking football with an English guy called Dan and as he and his girlfriend Vanessa couldn't get in their room till 1pm they decided to come along with us. When we got there at about 08:20 there was a huuuge queue! Luckily we were the last few people to get tickets (had to come back at 17:45).

We all decided to have a little wander into the Golden Triangle area (which is a GH, restaurant, shopping mall area; a much cleaner and therefore less interesting version of the lovely Chinatown) to have a little look around. It wasn't very exciting and just reminded us of Bangkok. We popped in Maccy D's 😉 then all got the train back to our hostel. Dan and Vanessa went to get some sleep as they'd been up about 27hrs and we went to the internet place where I watched the Big Brother launch heheh, saddo that I am.

The Petronas Towers were OK. The view was not as good as that from the communication tower but we were glad we did it. After tea we looked round Chinatown market again before retreating to the hostel where Rob watched the footy and I nattered to a few people in the kitchen.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb