Backpackers staying in a Palace???


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
March 21st 2010
Published: March 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

A Lemur at Singapore ZooA Lemur at Singapore ZooA Lemur at Singapore Zoo

I like to move it, move it ...
Hi Everyone

Sorry it's been a while since our last update. We've been ahh busy?! So we're in Kuala Lumpur now via Singapore which was a bit of a change from indo, to say the least. It was almost like being back in Sydney.

When we last left you we were in Yogyakarta both feeling pretty sorry for ourselves. Well things didn't improve much and we spent the entire time in our room sick!! That meant we missed out on seeing Borobodur which was pretty disappointing for both of us. Oh well maybe next time.

So we had decided to fly from Yogyakarta to Jakarta and then onto Singapore rather than getting a bus. It cost us about 4 times as much but was a one hour flight rather than a 12 hour bus ride and we were both still quite ill so I think it was worth it. Not a hard decision to make!

We arrived in Singapore at 11.30pm with no accomodation booked as we had planned to use the time during our stopover in Jakarta to book something from the airport. Unfortunately none of the phones there were able to make international calls! So
MerlionMerlionMerlion

Tourist shot!!
when we landed we had to call around and see what we could find. Well, at 11.30 at night you don't have many options so what we could find was a pullout sofa, under some stairs, in a dodgy part of Chinatown for $70 per night. Hmmmm interesting?! Oh well a beds a bed when you're tired! Needless to say though we looked for something else the next day and found a really cool modern hostel right next to Orchard road where we stayed for the rest of our time.

We spent our whole time in Singapore being ultra tourists. While there we saw;
-Orchard Road shopping malls
-Little India
-Raffles Hotel
-Merlion at Marina Bay
-Clarke Quay
-Singapore and Night Safari
-Sentosa Island
-Fort Siloso on Sentosa Island (An old WW2 defence base)

We really enjoyed our time in Singapore, even if it was a little pricey. The mixture of East and West made things interesting and easy.

Yesterday we arrived in Kuala Lumpur after a 6 hour bus ride. From what we've seen of KL it seems like a pretty cool city. Haven't explored it yet but will be doing so in the coming days.
The Palace of the Golden HorsesThe Palace of the Golden HorsesThe Palace of the Golden Horses

Our pad for the next week!!!
The place we are staying is amazing!! Mum and Dad booked us into a hotel here as a birthday present for each of us. It's called the Palace of the Golden Horses and it is exactly that, a Palace! They have pictures on the walls of visting VIP's and there are heaps of visting royalty, sports stars and world leaders. Thanks Ma and Dad!!

Anyway, thats about it for now. We'll update again once we have seen a bit more of Malaysia.

Love to all

Adam and Geena





Advertisement



22nd March 2010

Enjoy
we are so glad the palace is so good. After your trials I think you both need it. Sounds like you had a great time in Singapore. Hope you resisted the shopping Gee. Love u both Ma

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb