Perhentian Islands (Malaysia)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis
September 26th 2011
Published: October 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Having arrived just over a week ago in sparkling clean Singapore, i literally headed off after one night at my friend Manons to catch a dreaded 10hr night bus to the Perhentian islands.
The awful thing about this bus ride was not only the crazy driving by the driver, which i noticed having arizen from the dead and in the need of a pee stop. This was when i noticed all other passengers were dead to the world, whilst i was witnessing the craziest overtaking skills (after india, still quite crazy driving, just no honking but lots of light flashing!).
Anyway having arrived on the smaller island of the two, Cecil island and spent much of the morning searching for a decent guesthouse which took cc payment, we finally settled in at the Matahari guesthouse and head for the beach. That was, i must say a very lazy first day, followed by another very lazy 2 day and then on the 3rd day when my stiff neck was better we ventured out on a snorkelling trip around the island stopping at several spots where the underwater world was alive 100%.
These islands were quietish but still enough people out at night to keep the place alive.
We enjoyed many naps and swims in the crystal clear sea which was as warm as i'd run a bath. Too warm for my liking but still there are worse things i could complain about hey!
The trip back to Singapore was thurs evening, leaving the island on the craziest speeding speedboat which took us back to the mainland and from there we killed a few hours at the local KFC (no other choice) before catching the night bus back from Jerther to Singapore. This got us back in town for 8am and boy were we glad to be home after another never ending night bus journey.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb