Languishing in Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
May 24th 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Langkawi


WaterslideWaterslideWaterslide

Sliding down the waterfall
We caught the ferry across from Penang to Langkawi and had the misfortune of sitting right under the air-con vent. Luckily I was prepared and by the end of the trip Patrick and I were both huddled under a fleece blanket and a pashmina.

To be honest, Langkawi was not that exciting. We had an air-con hut with a fridge 20m from the water, compared to the Perhentians, the water was murky and not as nice to swim in. On one day, we hired a motorbike and did a tour round the island. Patrick was excited, as our trip took us round the airport, and unlike airports like Sydney etc you can go around the whole runway. He was quite happy to just sit there and watch planes take off and land all day, he dropped me off at the terminal so I could check the flight schedules.....Nerd! Sadly for him, but not for me, it's not a big airport, so there's not much action.

Next stop was a waterfall, that you can climb to the top of, and at the top there are Seven Wells (seven little pools of water), and the rocks between them are so smooth you can slide between them. We arrived after a day of rain, so there was plenty of water about. I think Patrick has posted some of the photos on Facebook.

Besides that the other highlight of Langkawi, was the fact it was duty-free, so beers were 1.70RM (about 60 cents). Patrick found a great Irish Bar (Debbie's Place), and spent an evening there watching rugby. The food was also yum, and by that stage we were struggling a bit with Malaysian, so we enjoyed a good old Irish Stew and some Banger's and Mash.

We were hoping to go from Langkawi directly across to Koh Lipe, but the boats are infrequent given that it's low season, so we headed to Satun.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb