The Smallest car in the world...almost!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
April 29th 2007
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our car for the day.Our car for the day.Our car for the day.

About half the size of a normal car.
We didnt do a blog for Koh Lanta because to be honest in the 2 days we were there we did very little other than sit by the beach, read and do a bit of research on the internet on Malaysia but all the same it was a nice island and a shame we didn't have more time to get out and see it.

When we got to Langkawi (Smallish Island off North West Peninsular Malaysia) we decided we would have to get out an see more of this island so we hired a car for 40 RM (6.50GBP) and as you can see you pay for what you get because it was the smallest car in the world. OK maybe a slight exageration there. We had a brilliant day just going out and about seeing the island in our own time. So much better than doing an organised tour.

We did 3 main things really. No 1 Cable car to the highest point on the Island, No 2 Crocodile Farm, No 3 The 7 pools waterfall.

As you will see from the photos the view from the top of the mountain/hill was amazing, you could see for miles. There was also a suspension bridge between 2 points up there. I would highly recommend it anyone but it would not be good if you are scared of heights.

The Crocodile farm was ok, I'm expecting to see better in Australia but for 3 pound it was well worth a look. The sad thing was they had a "Handicap Centre" where there were quite a few deformed crocodiles.

The 7 Pools Waterfall (Cant remember the Malay Name) was bit of a hike but well worth it when we got up there. For once there was no-one else up there other than a local man and his Son. And after the walk up it was great to cool down in one of the pools on the edge of the waterfall. And for the first time in a month the water was cold which was great. The swimming pools and the sea are normally very warm but as this we fresh water coming from the hills it was pretty cold.

From a nature point of view it was good too as there were monkeys on the trail up there and on the way back down we saw a snake. (OK it was only small and it likely wasnt dangerous but thats not to say I (Sara) didn't s**t myself when it crossed the path in front of us.

Not as much as I s**t myself when we found a big cockroach in our room or when one landed on Col's shoulder. He didn't realise it was a cockroach, he thought it was me tapping him on the shoulder, but turned round to find me 10ft away moving in the opposite direction. He couldn't reach it to get it off his shoulder/back and I was too busy running away to help and the Malaysian receptionist just stood there laughing.

The main resort, Pantai Cenang, was quite small and not a lot going on there. You could walk from one end to the other in 15 minutes but although we didnt spend much time on it, the beach seemed nice. The resort doesn't have many "Westerners" its mainly Malaysians, Chinese and India who visit the island for there holidays.

We only spent 2 days on Langkawi and moved on the Panang, Malaysia's Second biggest city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Cable CarsCable Cars
Cable Cars

View From the Top
Cable Cars 2Cable Cars 2
Cable Cars 2

Not good if you were scared of heights...
Crocodile Farm 1Crocodile Farm 1
Crocodile Farm 1

Rather him than me.
Crocodile Farm 2Crocodile Farm 2
Crocodile Farm 2

No explanation required...
Seven Pools WaterfallSeven Pools Waterfall
Seven Pools Waterfall

We had an infinity pool at the top... see next photos


30th April 2007

A really good laugh
Hi Col and sara I have to say the latest blog is great. I have laughed so much at it I nearly had a wee accident I can just imagine what you were like Sara when saw that snake and God help poor Col if he was depending on you to chase off the cockroach. You say you were 10ft away, were you really that close? I'm surprised you weren't half way home. On a more serious note the scenery/views etc are brilliant. although I am very glad I'm not up in one of those cable cars. Sara did they keep you in the Handicap centre or have they let you out? What was wrong with your wee car? It was very dinky and cute. By the way Bryan says Hello. He doesn't say much but he is keeping up to date with your blogs so keep those blogs coming. Enjoy yourselves and take care of each other. Love mum

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb