Langkawi, Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
April 9th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This blog by Lucas:

Thank you to Sirs Ernst & Young, Mother Medtronic and Mr. Intermune for helping us, over 15 years of hard work combined, to compile a warchest of hotel 'frequent stay' points.

It allowed us to stay, free of charge, for 3 ultra-luxurious nights at the Westin Langkawi, which boasts a pool amongst the biggest and best we have ever seen. We shared our resort with many other 'short-timer' honeymooners in this tropical oasis, including a young couple from Sydney and another from Syria. We stayed poolside all day long, ventured into the town one night for Malaysia's famed street food, and soaked up some sun.

Langkawi was our introduction to Malaysia, and the people were incredibly friendly and gregarious - I seem to say that about every country, but Malaysia reigns supreme for the warmth of their people. Malaysia also marked our departure from a predominantly Buddhist environment for the last 3-4 months into a majority Muslim country where ornate mosques, colorfully covered women and a sense of disciplined yet unoppressive morality prevails. Jac and I both read "Islam: Worldview and Way of Life" to help ourselves get a better feel for the values in this part of the world, and it was certainly eye-opening to to experience a very peaceful, prosperous Muslim community.

Recommendations in Langkawi:

Get in the Westin pool and don't get out for 3-4 days





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 20; qc: 89; dbt: 0.1032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb