Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau
October 4th 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

MacauMacauMacau

building in Largo do Sanado (famous square in Macau)
Did an excursion to Macau overnight. We caught the hour long jetfoil ferry and stayed at the Hotel Golden Dragon. We also had tickets to the Cirque du Soleil show "Zaia" at the Venetian Macau Hotel and Casino. This was Geoff's first Cirque du Soleil experience, and it was frankly, amazing. The hotels and casinos weren't necessarily the highlight feature of the city but they were very impressive. The Venetian attached to the Four Seasons was like a city in its self with hundreds of shops, and restaurants. Even a mock up of a European city complete with restaurants with patios, moat, and a huge blue-sky ceiling to mimic being out-doors. The rest of the time we cruised the streets, checking out the world heritage sites including St. Paul's Church, and the Monte Forte and Macau Museum. We also jumped on a crammed bus to Taipa Island where we visited the old pirate village of Coloane and swam at Hac Sa beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

MacauMacau
Macau

in the streets
MacauMacau
Macau

on the way to St. Paul's
MacauMacau
Macau

St. Paul's
MacauMacau
Macau

St. Paul's was built by Jesuits in the 17th century after Japanese Christians were being persecuted and martyred in Japan. Many of the Martyrs were buried in the Church's crypt.
MacauMacau
Macau

Looking up at St. Paul's
MacauMacau
Macau

St. Paul's
MacauMacau
Macau

St. Paul's
MacauMacau
Macau

Monte Forte - skyline in Macau
MacauMacau
Macau

Monte Forte - over the water is China
MacauMacau
Macau

- guns were fiired only once during a failed invasion by the Dutch. This one is aimed at the Grand Lisboa Hotel and Casino.
MacauMacau
Macau

-amazingly a bus made its way through here on the way down from St. Paul's
MacauMacau
Macau

After the show in the Venetian.
MacauMacau
Macau

Fisherman's wharf - With mockups of famous historical sites (Roman amphitheatre behind)
MacauMacau
Macau

Mazi getting a work out in sleepy Coloane
MacauMacau
Macau

The original Lisboa Casino
MacauMacau
Macau

Mazi picking up her ride (Hotel Bentley's).
MacauMacau
Macau

Grand Lisboa Casino
MacauMacau
Macau

Casinos
MacauMacau
Macau

Near Street of Happiness
MacauMacau
Macau

Near Street of Happiness
MacauMacau
Macau

Mosaic of Portugese explorers in a garden in central Macau


20th October 2008

I stayed at the Venetian too
I just got back from Las Vegas and stayed at the Venetian their. It was wonderful. I know, I just get back from Paris and then fly to vegas the next weekend. Bad planning on my part with the way the markets are going. was hoping to win it big but I didn't. Back to work I go.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb