My laptop died but here's the inside to Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau
October 18th 2007
Published: October 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So I spent my entire Saturday in Macau... It's a little bustling city, super crowded and has a fair amount of foreigners... As you all know it used to be a Portugese concession until I believe 1996... It has some parts that might sort of look Europeanish.. A little cobble stone, and some old chirches and buildings that were designed using European architecture. They even sell some pasteries that you cannot find in Zhuhai.

Anyhow, its fairly easy to cross the border. Macau borders Zhuhai's southern Gong Bei business districts and so we just crossed by foot. I went with a Chinese friend named Gabrielle btw. Anyhow, you can do some shopping here, and perhaps get some merchandise cheaper than on the mainland.

Macau thrives off of its gambling industry. Supposedly Macau is the Vegas of the East, however, I was not really persuaded.. Seemed a lot smaller in scale and not as glitzy... And minimum bets were super high.. most were $200HKD which is roughly #30USD.

And they don't even have Texas Hold'em Poker... How sad! (for me)

They one annoying thing is that it takes quite a long time to cross the border... It took me roughly 45 minutes going there and about 30 mins coming back. Considering Macau is part of China why do they still need 2 separate border crossing customs points?

Ahhh yes. My 4 month old laptop quit on me this past weekend so God willing I will be able to get it fixed and revived this coming weekend. For now I rely on my office computer for any type of commmunication with the outside world.

Take care and much love,
me


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

the biggest casino in the east!the biggest casino in the east!
the biggest casino in the east!

looks like a flower and is called the Lisboa, still under construction but operational


19th October 2007

my mac is as good as new
how much did you spend on your pc? you only had it 4 4 months!! well i bought my mac 2 years ago and its still working. this just goes to show either go mac or go home. how you been kid

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb