Macau-the pastry capital


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Narrow streets of MacauNarrow streets of MacauNarrow streets of Macau

Hide away the delightful food
Hi eveyone, thanks very much for all your emails, keep the gossip coming. Afraid I don't have time to respond them now so will fill you in on the travels to date.
Anyway much more settled now.....no more tears...well only when I read your emails or after half an hour searhing for your hostel in the humid heat with about 22kg on your back...I klnow its self-inflicted I didn't have 2 pack so much but it seems wasteful if I start discarding stuff at this early stage...you know my motto...waste not want not but geez Im paying for it now....& when you're hauling the rucklsack around you go through every little piece you have in it & say that it's for the bin but haven't had the nerve yet...
Anyway the travels...well we spent the last few days visiiting the islands around HK-Lantau & Macau. It really feeels like I've been gone 4 months...think it's because you spend from early morning to evening walking around exploring that you get to know the places really well so it feels like a lifetime.
iN lANTAU WE SAW THE BIG Buddha, very hilly. Now Macau was definitely a place to talk-no fear of us
House in MacauHouse in MacauHouse in Macau

And it was a far cry away from what we stayed in....lived to tell the tale!
going hungry anyway-saw the sights-churches, temples lovely parks but he food-cheap & tasty from the stalls...lovely broccoli& noodles & followed by the more elaborately decoprated pastries & cakes...the stuff of dreams...no wonder I feel at home...so may look like either a shotput queen from lugging the rucksack or a Sumo wrestler from the endless eating.
So we're back in HK since yesterday & flying to Hanoi in northern Vietnam this evening...it seems that getting around southern China is a bit of a hassle with not ab whole lot to see so we're moving onto a place where we have a guide for.
Yes still learning everyday...1 walk as close as you can to shops...the air conditioning is like a gift for those fleeting seconds....does nothing to dry the sweat though...oh the humidity is something else...oh & got roasted across the shoulders in Macua...you see I was eating for about 15 mimns when the sun got me...well at least the food was good otherwise I'd have more to complain about...ok gotto go...time running out, no time for photos...promise some soon...see if you still recognise me....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Market in MacauMarket in Macau
Market in Macau

Trawl the stalls if you can handle the heat
Park in MacauPark in Macau
Park in Macau

With people everywhere exercising...old & young...puts us to shame


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0885s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb