pakse


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West
June 24th 2009
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick post before we head off to the 4000 Islands in Southern Laos tomorrow.
We arrived in Pakse early this morning after our 10 hour night bus ride. Adam and I were on a quadruple top bunk with 2 other girls from Quebec (basically Adam on a king size bed with three ladies). He didn't seem to mind, but I think the Quebec girls were largely unimpressed. They blared Laos music videos on the tv until 10 pm and started up again at about 6 am. I don't think there is a more annoying sound than Laos music videos.

We spent some of the day catching up on some sleep we missed out on during our bus ride. In the afternoon we visited a waterfall just outside of the city. At the waterfall, Adam was treated like a celebrity. A giant group of Laos teenagers approached him and they all wanted their photo individually taken with him. At one point I went to join in a picture, and one of the girls kindly notioned that she actually didn't want me in the picture. HILARIOUS.

On our way home we bought some pineapples from a local vendor. We didn't have a knife to cut them, so we asked a lady at our hotel to cut them for us. She made them into immaculate little fruit bowls in about 2 minutes. I couldn't believe it. Both pineapples cost 66 cents Canadian and were the most delicious pineapple I have ever had in my life.

Tomorrow we are taking the bus down to the 4000 Islands which should be a good couple of days of R and R. We splurged on the hostel here and Pakse (we have aircon and HBO). Adam is upstairs watching Jurassic Park and I don't think has been more happy in weeks.

More soon.

Lots of love,

Poke/Nicole/Coco
xo



Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb