Vientiane- the capital of Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
December 11th 2016
Published: December 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Staying in a hostel in Vientiane. Bit of a come-down after the nice hotels we have had - with unisex toilet and shower cubicles on the ground floor and bunk bed dormitories. But we have to take the good with the not so good. Went sightseeing although not a vast amount t see, but there is a golden stupa That Luang which is the national symbol, and also a Victory Arch called Patricia. Apparently the americans gave Laos some concrete to build a runway and they built (but never finished) the arch instead. In the evening we went to the cinema to see Office Christmas Party - lots of slapstick humour.

Next a full day bus journey to Savannakhet. There are buses and buses, and we have seen many different grades. This had the appearance of being one of the better ones. However when you think the bus is full ie all the seats are taken, then then pull out plastic stools and seat people down the centre aisle. Oh and every time the bus stops the street vendors come on selling all sorts of food - even grilled chicken on a stick!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb