Brilliant Baguettes and Cracking Croissants


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
May 25th 2016
Published: May 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Last night we found another Laos BBQ place not far from the hotel. It was a busy place and we were the only westerners there. Ed was feeling about off colour so he only had a few bits of pork. They played games near a very rob irate mirrored shrine whilst Cas and I ate the soup and fresh veg which was very fresh and delicious. It's the first time that I've had beer served with ice.
We turned the lights off to settle the kids when there was knock at the door with an additional bed, making four in total, and it meant that Ed and Hat wouldn't disturb each other.
We rose late and skipped the hotel breakfast which was pretty poor. Instead, we headed to the Cafe Benito again for very Parisian croissants and baguettes (plus an American breakfast for Hat). I also bought a big hand of mini bananas and they were perfect for the kids to get a vitamin boost.
Back at the hotel we played around the pool. It was like an episode of It's a Knock Out' with Cas and I firing the big orange gym balls to tag Hat and Ed who hid in the pool, they really loved it.
Our new air tickets to China worked without a hitch. We were very pleasantly surprised to see the manager of the hotel at the airport, he tracked us down as the taxi to the airport was meant to be complimentary and we'd paid 50,000 Kip; that pretty extraordinary customer

Advertisement



Tot: 0.612s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.5092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb