16-22/11/08 LAOS!!!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
November 20th 2008
Published: November 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

VientianeVientianeVientiane

resort restaurant
Arrived in Vientiane around 6pm and were taken too our resort. We had booked a bungalow at 'Rivertime Eco resort'. Was quite far out of the city centre, 30km, but the resort was fantastic. Has a nice meal on the floating restaurant (yes they make maximum use of rivers over here!!). Two girls Laura and Kat arrived shortly after both 24 from Maidenhead. Really lovely. We arranged to go kayaking down the river nexy day. Ha ha, what a laugh! we attempted to go upstream and made tits of ourselves as we kept passing the same fishermen as we couldnt handle the current. Went for a walk in the grounds, lots of varieties of flora and fauna, very pretty. 3of us then took a tip into Vientianne and saw the sights before sitting by the river to watch the sun go down. Stayed in town all eve and met few people. Was hard work getting tuk tuk back as no drivers wanted to go that far at that time of night but we got there in the end.

Tuesday morning we headed to Vang Vien. Got chattin to a group of irish lads on the bus and we all ended
VientianeVientianeVientiane

Rice beer
up going to the same resort - another bungalow on the river! Right in town this time though, wouldn't make that mistake again! Had a cracking evening out at Bucket Bar, 50,000 kip (3quid) for a bucket of spirit and mixer - deadly!! Crawled home and crashed.
Wednesday we went tubing. WOW!!!!! It was alot of fun. You hire a rubber ring for the day and float down the river for a day. Theres a few rapids to pass and there's 8 bars to stop in on the way. The staff throw lines out and pull you in. The irish got on it but us girls decided not too as it would be asking for trouble. At the bars there is also different games. Zip lines into the water and swinging trapezes, giant slides, and in one bar a pit of mud with a volleyball net!! It was so much fun. Got really cold when the sun went down though and after last bar you drift for 1 hour before the end so by that point we were freezing but it was a good crack.
Pretty knackered and aching so just chilled at the resort in the evening.
Its now
VientianeVientianeVientiane

early morning on tne river
thursday and we're heading to Luang Prabang in Northern Laos.


20/1108-22/11/08 LUANG PRABANG

Luang Prabang would probably have been alot more exciting if we hadn't spent the previous day in a rubber ring!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

VientianeVientiane
Vientiane

floating restaurant
VientianeVientiane
Vientiane

our cabin
VientianeVientiane
Vientiane

kayaking!
VientianeVientiane
Vientiane

laura and kat in kayak
VientianeVientiane
Vientiane

city centre
VientianeVientiane
Vientiane

temple
VientianeVientiane
Vientiane

laura and kat
VientianeVientiane
Vientiane

beer pitcher
Vang ViengVang Vieng
Vang Vieng

view from bungalow
Vang ViengVang Vieng
Vang Vieng

another sunset (sorry!)
Vang ViengVang Vieng
Vang Vieng

buckets of vodka red bull don, tiger and mixer


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb