Vientiane


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
April 10th 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got a sweaty bus from Vang Vieng to Vientiane (Laos' capital) which took about 4 hours! We walked around for about 30 minutes trying to find a cheap hostel eventually settling on one before we died of heat exhaustion!! We had a walk around town, seeing the fountain, a few temples and the Mekong whilst getting squirted at a couple of times by people with water pistols celebrating new year.

The following day we met up with Tim and Cathrin and hired bikes to tour around the city. We went to the Laos equivalent of the Arc de Triumph and Champs Elysees and then onto the Buddhist Stupa - That Louang which is a very impressive temple. Whilst outside the temple we were asked to pose for lots of photos with Laos and Thai people who wanted their photo taken with sweaty westerners!!!

The next day we went to the Buddha Park getting soaked along the way again by people throwing water!! The park is full of Buddha statues and has an impressively long reclining Buddha. That evening we were picked up to be taken to the Laos-Thailand border for our overnight bus to Bangkok. Leaving the hotel at 5pm, we finally arrived in Bangkok at 6am the following day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb