Just a quick update from Vientiane


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
February 27th 2008
Published: February 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick update with this temporary entry. Since Koh Tao I have had a week in Bangkok before the over night sleeper train to Chang Mai where I spent a few days and did a downhill mountain biking trip which was awesome.

From there it was a bus journey to the Thai/Laos border where I stayed for the night and got to know a few people also doing the same trip. The following day was a lenghtly journey down the Mekong river and overnight stop off at Pak Beng (Electricity only in hours between 5pm and 10pm). The scenery down the Mekong is amazing and we carried on down the next day until we reached Luang Prabang. After a few nights here and some kayaking it was another bus journey to Vang Vieng where I experienced tubing. Floating down the river in a huge tractor tyre getting fished into bars along the way and jumping back into the water off huge swings.

Now after a few nights there I am at the capital, Vientiane planning the next stage of the journey. I am booked to fly from Siem Reap to NZ on the 4th but that is way too soon so am likely to put that back to the end of March and fly down to southern Laos, cross overland into North East Cambodia, then visit the capital before ending up with plenty of time to spare in Siem Reap (The Tamples of Angkor - Surely the highlight of South East Asia).

I did almost complete a fairly large blog entry for Bangkok however the dodgy internet connections somehow deleted it online. I have some great new shots off the new cameras to put up also but it would require many hours sat in these slow and humid Intenet cafes and I just don't have the patience for that at the moment.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb