One night in Vientiane.


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
July 22nd 2006
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our planeOur planeOur plane

Sorry this is the only photo took in Vientiane!
We got up mega early to get our mini bus to Vientiane that we had booked - it was described as having air conditioning but there wasn't enough petrol in the bus to allow this to be on!! Halfway to Vientiane the bus driver came to a stop and declared it was a toilet stop, we were in the middle of nowhere with only trees about, the lads told him that girls need proper toilets and can not wee at the side of the road - i decided to cross my legs and wait till we got somewhere! We finally made it to Vientiane where we found a very cheap Guesthouse ,we also found another JoMa's - yay! After we went to find out the best way to get to Cambodia, as Alex and Jen were off there next too we decided to go to the airport to get the best info on flights. None of us wanted to fly on Lao Airlines as there safety isn't up to international standards - we piled into a tuk tuk with Simon and Kelvin in tow (they fancied a ride out!) The tickets were a little more pricey for Vietnam Airlines but Ol and I decided we would fly as our time was running out. Alex and Jen decided to bus it, this would mean bussing it back to Bangkok and then to Cambodia, this would take about 3 days in total where our flight was going to take 1 and half hours! We all went back for a snooze and then headed to the Full Moon restaurant that had fantastic burgers. We were all going to go the cinema but as Ol and i had to get up early for our flight we had to head back and say our goodbyes - we had a great time in Laos and were lucky to meet such a great group.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb