Vientiane


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
December 13th 2006
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

This is going to be a brief entry as we did not spend much time in Vientiane. We first traveled on Laos airlines in a really small plane with a propeller from Luang Prabang to Vientiane. We arrived about lunch time checked in to our hotel and had a shower and a rest then we went out for the best Indian meal of the trip so far it was absolutely outstanding.
We then strolled down the Mekong and went to a few shops. On the way back to the hotel we called at a travel agent to book our flight back to Bangkok. We have decided to change things around a bit, we should have been going on to Cambodia after Laos but we are in desperate need of a rest and a beach so we are now planning to go back to Bangkok and then fly down to Krabi in the south of Thailand.
We had some bad news in the travel agents she could only get us a flight for the day after or we would have to stay in Vientiane for 5 days and that was too long so we booked the first one and went back to pack our bags.
We had planned to stay 2-3 days in Vientiane but never mind we really did not want to spend 5 days in the city and the beach was calling. When I got back in the room there were ants everywhere and they had decided to climb in one of our bags, what a performance trying to get rid of them they get into everything and they bite.
When we had finished packing I went down to reception and asked for another room and she let us move to the room that was next to us. I would not have been able to sleep I was already imagining them in my hair and everything, so we did the right thing.
After breakfast we went to pick our tickets up and called in at one of the local temples we wanted to make sure we saw as much as we could in the short time we had, and then we caught a Tut Tut to the airport.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Mark In Prehistoric TaxiMark In Prehistoric Taxi
Mark In Prehistoric Taxi

This taxi definitely did not have air con it was about forty year old.


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb