river life


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
May 30th 2006
Published: May 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

last blog we think as you all know we will be back in uk in 3 days.

We are currently in Laos in a place called Vang Vieng where everyone comes to tube down the river on a tractor innertube.....its the best fun ever....there is places to stop along the river with rope swings and plenty of bars...where people get really messey.....locals put bamboo poles out and you grabhold and they pull you into the bar...jim swang like a monkey from this huge rope swing....such good fun...we also visited the caves these are a bit of a trek but well worth it, the 1st one you go into the cave with a guide in a inner tube and see all the rock formations etc....then the 2nd one is a 4km walk through paddie fields etc...the most beautiful scenery we have ever seen....then we climb in the cave and go about 3km inside through water and climbing up rocks till you come to a natural lake inside....crystal clear water...the 3rd had a budda image carved out of stone just in the entrance..stunning then we go deep intro the cave 1hr it took amazing well worth it even the crawling about...which was a bit claustrophobic....
well got to go and eat some dinner 8 in the evening!! love you all and leave you see you all very very soon...love charlie and jim.xxx
This might be the last post as we are back in the uk in a few days time,it seems to have gone so quickly but we have had a fantastic time.
When we get back and have more time we will upload some of the best pics and a overview of our trip......take care peeps lots of love charlie and jim............


Advertisement



1st June 2006

Welcome Home
Welcome back to sunny England. Missed you lots. Lots of love Pamela and Richard. xxxxxx

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb