Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
January 31st 2009
Published: August 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a horrible and I mean horrible bus drive from the Laos boarder to LP we arrived at 4am and crashed. The worst bus drive I have ever been on in my life! Never ever doing that again.

Anyways, the place we arrived to was amazing though. It was peaceful, quietish and really nice. The food was the highlight, shakes, bagguttes and everything French. The night market at LP was really really good, it had alot of interesting things and it was extremly long. I didn't realise exactly how long it was until we started walking down it. It had heaps of shops and great things to see. One morning, I, whilst the others stayed in bed, got up to see the alms giving to the monks. There were so many tourists, but it was still a good sight to see. The monk line seemed to go for ages. There were just hundreds of them, equalled by hundreds of tourists. When I got back after a coffee in the local Cafe, me and Ange climbed a little moutain which looked over the whole village. In the afternoon the three of us rode bikes along the river side and got ripped off at a bridge crossing to see a sight that was closed. Quite funny when we think about it now. LP was really nice and scenic. There was lots to do but we were in a bit of a hurry to head down to Veng Viang.

Vang Vieng was the tourist capital of Laos, there is no dening that. There were thousands of Brits, Americans, Isralies etc.. watching friends in resturants and drinkingshakes and having a few beers. We spent the second day there tubing down. It was heaps of fun, we got a really dull weed brownie we felt. But it was a good chilling atmosphere. We keept on running into the Norway girls everywhere we went, we all ended up doing the exact route to the Islands. It was good to see familar faces though. I spent one day in Vang Vieng just on the roof top of the hostel lieing in the sun. After a goodd 4 days there (more then enough for me) we headed to the capital, where we took a flight to Cambodia. The capital Vientienne was actually quite nice. Having dinner along the river side was really nice and speaking to the monks was also cool. I was looking really forward to Cambodia though, it was a place I had always wanted to go to. Angkor Wat here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb