Vacationing in Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
August 21st 2008
Published: August 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Guess what in Vang Viang!Guess what in Vang Viang!Guess what in Vang Viang!

But only lasted a couple of hours - that day.
Decided to stay a few days here so moved into a bungalow down by the river. a 10 min walk from the centre of town but the walking will do us good. A beautiful setting looking out on the river and a good spot to watch the sun setting on the tower kaarst.

Yesterday afternoon a Tuk-tuk passed and a couple started waving to us. Was a Kiwi couple that we had met in Mui Ne in Vietnam last year. They are also travelling here in laos and we hope to be able to catch up with them tonight.

Spent a couple of lazy days lying around in hammocks and reading books so on our final day here we decided to go on the 1 day kayaking trip. A couple of Canadian girls we met on the bus from LP had highly reccommended it. Was a wonderful day with good company. It had rained all night and was still raining when we set off but cleared to a beautiful day. All the rain meant that the cave we were to go black water tubing in was flooded but the rain meant that the river was flowing faster and the rapids all the more exciting for it.

Tomorrow we head off to Vientiane and hopefully across to Nhong Khai the same day - will try to get a night train to Bangkok but may have to stay overnight.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Aah! this is the lifeAah! this is the life
Aah! this is the life

Hammock in Vang Viang
Flooded caveFlooded cave
Flooded cave

We could only go in a short distance.
Hong Nam! - Loo with a viewHong Nam! - Loo with a view
Hong Nam! - Loo with a view

Squat toilet in the middle of nowhere. Pity about the tree growing up through it!
Flying foxFlying fox
Flying fox

One of the activities (apart from drinking) at the river bars for tubers and kayakers.


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb