Still here


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
February 23rd 2008
Published: February 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have done so much the last few days that I don't know where to start. The first night we were here we took a budget hotel because we have found that the first night everything is full and then you can go around and get something better the next day. We moved to a nice hotel that is right in front of the mountains by the river. Yesterday we went out on a boat. Most of the people were out on tubes but I didn't want to do that so we went in style up the river. There were what seemed like hundreds of young people tubing along the river. All the way along were bars with very loud music. Most of the people seemed to be really drunk -- I don't know how some of them don't drown. Some seemed to be collapsed in their tubes, floating along or just stuck in some bushes on the side. Actually it was all very surrealistic in the middle of the jungle -- reminded me of Apocalypse Now. But it was very beautiful -- I will post a couple of photos. Today we took a tuk tuk to some caves. The ride was very nice and we had a nice walk to the caves but the caves are not my thing. The way was difficult for me and actually I find caves pretty scary. So after climbing up and down a few ladders I decided that Micha should proceed alone which he did and then we went to another cave which went on for kilometers, was pitch black and was supposed to have a swimming pool somewhere at the end. We stumbled along in this cave for about 30 minutes and then turned back -- will never know if we missed something really good. We had a nice Indian dinner tonight and tomorrow are going for a day trip on a lake, visiting islands and some tribal villages. Continuing to Luang Prabang on Monday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



25th February 2008

Nice ! Wow
I like it ! look Great !

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb