Vang Vieng - Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
November 27th 2006
Published: November 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bike RideBike RideBike Ride

15km bike ride
Here in Vang Vieng, Laos. Probably one of the most beautiful places in the world. It has a huge river that cuts the town off and a backdrop off gorgeous mountains. It's one of my most favorite places of my trip so far. It's crazy but at the bars, on their menus, they have mushroom shakes, weed(bags or single joints) and opium(in tea or a pipe). It's highly illegal, but it's still on the menu. If you are caught with even half a joint in Laos, it's a on the spot $500 fine. If you don't have it, they throw you in jail til a friend can ride 3 hours to Vientianne to get money out of an ATM, as their is no bank here in Vang Vieng. Everywhere in Laos we have been offered a variety of drugs from all sorts of people. Tuk-Tuk drivers, guesthouse owners, people on the street, waiters at the bars. It's crazy. "You want weed? You want Opium?" heard everywhere. In Thailand the consequences are even worse. If you are caught trafficking drugs you get the death penalty with no trial. 2,300 drug dealers have been killed in the last 2 years for trafficking. Insane.
Vang ViengVang ViengVang Vieng

Our cave guides


.......................................This computer is way too slow to download the loads and loads of photos i have over the last 10 days so this is a short post but i will be adding much more to it................................


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



27th November 2006

Lucky you !!!

Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 23; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb