Pak Beng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Pakbeng
March 29th 2008
Published: March 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is a very late entry mainly due to the fact i have not had any time to write my blog so apologies. The slow boat down the mekong was fantastic not only due the people i met along the way but also due to the spectacular scenery. We passed water buffalos in the water, whirlpools, amazing rock formations and beautiful unspoilt forests. The overnight stay in Pak Beng was certainly an experience i will never forget. As soon as we arrived in the port there were young boys offering to carry our huge and heavy backpacks up the steps to the road in order to make a bit of money. It was a bit frantic leaving the boat because the boys boarded the boat and just picked up any pack and started to walk off with them so you really had to keep your eyes pealed. The guest house itself was located within the town which consisted of one road lined with small restaurants, shops and guest houses. I had sweet and sour buffalo for dinner with sticky rice and it tasted delicious! That night the electricity was turned off at 10.30 and there is no hot water in the town at all. The electricity was still not on in the morning. I have never been so grateful for having a headtorch!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb